Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle Lightning McQueen

Tonight Paige is at an enrichment night, so I had the kids to myself. I figured I'd try and get them to bed early and surprisingly it worked. They've both been in bed for about 20 minutes now and not even a peep, and it's only now just 7:00. Anyways, Paige and I are trying to do something different every night before we go to bed, some nights we play games, some nights we play piano, or sing, or read, and other nights they just go straight to bed. We find it a lot easier than sticking to a routine, because some nights we just can pull off the same thing over and over. Tonight I opted for books. After reading 3 books to them, Lydy was getting fussy, so i decided it was time for bed. I changed them, got Lydy her bottle, and then put them both to bed. Neither of them even fought with me. Then, since it was still early I thought I'd ask brighton if he wanted to sing a song. And my little composer pulled one out of his hat and just started singing away:

"Twinkle twinkle Lightning McQueen,
Lightning McQueen where you are?
Lightning McQueen where you are?
Lightning McQueen where you are?
Up Above the world so Fast!
Like a like a oh so Happy!
Lightning McQueen Oh so fast!
Lightning McQueen oh so fast!"
(The last line was very "Hey Jude" being repeated over and over even after I had gotten my hugs and kisses and left the room!)

If that wasn't just the cutest.  Speaking of the cutest...I've got another thing to post...

No comments:

Post a Comment